Thursday, July 17, 2008

Breaking the News to the future Grandma & Grandpa Field!



The next day, we headed up to Frankenmuth with my parents to celebrate my Dad's birthday (Please note - at this time ... my parents STILL did not know!). After what seemed like the longest car ride of my life, we finally arrived! As soon as we got to Zehnders, we quickly ordered. Immediately following our order, I handed my Dad his gift (I don't even think the waitress had walked away from our table yet!). Inside my Dad's gift bag was M&M's (his favorite candy) and a special bib!! As soon as he opened the bib, he leaned across the table and whispered, "Are you really pregnant???" I didn't even have to answer...the HUGE SMILE across my face gave it away! Before I even had a chance to say "Yes!", my Dad jumped out of his seat, clapped his hands, and ran over to Brandon and I!!! My mom just kept repeating "No way! No way!" It was a moment I will never forget!!! The above pictures are my Dad right after he opened the bib (darn flash didn't turn on~ sorry it's so dark!) and one of both of my parents right after we all settled back down into our seats!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom and dad were super excited and they can't wait! the phone call at work was totally un-expected and it didn't even hit me until later on! i'm so excited for the both of you and it's truly one of
life's lil' blessings. can't wait!